This is adapted from a southern fried chicken recipe by Damon Lee Fowler. I haven't tried it yet, just posting it for safe-keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, equivalent to 2 eggs (Egg Beaters)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves, ground to a powder (use a spice mill or mortar and pestle)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400° degrees (set oven rack to lowest position).
- 2Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- 3Whisk together Egg Beaters and garlic and let stand while you prepare the chicken.
- 4Mix together spices and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
- 5Wash and trim chicken breasts.
- 6Dip chicken in egg.
- 7Dredge chicken pieces in crumb mixture, coating well.
- 8Shake off excess breading and place on baking sheet.
- 9Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb and Spice Breaded Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 478.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 35.7 g