Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good way to use over-abundant summer peppers. From BHG magazine
- 6 red sweet peppers or 6 yellow sweet peppers or 6 green sweet peppers, halved lengthwise with seeds and membranes removed
- 1⁄3 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- lettuce leaf
- Place pepper halves, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until skin bubbles.
- Let stand in a brown paper bag 30 minutes and then peel skin.
- Cut into strips.
- Toss together peppers, olives, oil, vinegar, onion, capers, garlic, basil, oregano and pepper.
- Cover and chill up to 1 day ahead of serving.
- Serve on lettuce leaves and top with feta cheese.