Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
South Beach Diet - All Phases
- 1 lb pork tenderloin (could use two 1/2 lb. ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used 1 T.)
- 2 cups onions, sliced and separated into rings (I used one medium onion)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (I used one large garlic clove)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary (I crushed them a little)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray roasting rack with nonstick cooking spray; place in roasting pan. Trim all visible fat from the tenderloin(s). Cut lengthwise slit down center of each tenderloin almost to but not through bottom of each tenderloin. Open tenderloin so each lies flat; place on spray-coated rack.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Cook and stir onions (sliced into rings) and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Spread onion mixture evenly over tenderloins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. (If you use just one 1 lb. tenderloin, bake for about 50 min.).
This was absolutely awesome! It smelled wonderful when it was baking in the oven. I will most definitely make this again.