Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A lovely savoury bread, good on its own and perfect complement to soup. Background mosaic of herbs and sweetness of onion offsetting the tartness provided by the sun-dried tomato.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped coarsely
- Place first 7 (seven) ingredients in ABM according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Set ABM on basic cycle for 1 1/2 lb loaf and activate program.
- 5 Minutes before end of final kneading, add onion and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Enjoy when done.
This was an outstanding recipe! I rinsed the olive oil from my sundried tomatoes and I still found it a touch too salty for my taste, but not enough to change my rating for sure. Thank you for sharing!
5 stars for this one! Awesome flavor. Everything just blended so well. I made this while we had out of state guests and it just smelled so darn good. My friends were talking about sandwiches for lunch before breakfast was over, LOL. The loaf was very moist and just all around good!
Excellent bread, GT, full of flavour and pleasing to the eye, quite a moist loaf which I enjoy. Having it today for my lunch, with an avocado and English mustard filling, wish DH had made me two :D thanks for a great recipe!