Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This bread is very good you can add other herbs and seeds to it such as poppy seeds. This makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf in the bread machine.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients according to bread machine manufactures directions.
- Slect bread machine for basic or whole wheat cycle, set crust for medium and press start.
- During the mixing cycle is dough is to wet& sticky add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- If to firm add water 1 teaspoon at a time, until dough is smooth yet soft to the touch.
- After baking, remove from oven and pan to wire rack to cool.
Great bread! I followed the recipe, except I had just gotten some herbs de provence from some friends who brought me a bottle from Provence--so I used that as the herbs. The bread is light, high and very tasty. Can't wait to make sandwiches, or have it with hot soup! Thanks, Barb! Carole in Orlando