Recipe by English_Rose
This recipe adds mustard, honey and herbs to pork burgers to create a simple but tasty dish.
- 7 ounces ground pork
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- sourdough bread, freshly griddled
- sliced red onion
- gherkin, sliced
- shaved parmesan cheese
- olive oil, for drizzling
- watercress leaf
- relish, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the pork, mustard, honey, sage, parsley, yolk, breadcrumbs, lemon zest and shallots.
- Shape the pork mixture into
- 4 even-sized patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the patties and fry until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve the freshly fried patties between freshly griddled sourdough bread. Top the patties with red onion, gherkins, capers, Parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil, arugula and watercress.
- Serve with a relish of your choice.