Recipe by BecR
Wonderful marinated fresh goat cheese appetizer, full of summery flavors! Serve with thick slices of toasted rustic bread, or in a salad. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) log fresh goat cheese, sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 lemon verbena leaves
- 4 slices fresh lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- fruity extra virgin olive oil (enough to cover)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the goat cheese rounds into a widemouthed glass or ceramic jar.
- Add enough olive oil to cover cheese completely. Add bay leaves, thyme, lemon verbena, lemon zest, garlic, black peppercorns, and pink peppercorns.
- Cover tightly and marinate cheese in the refrigerator for at least 2 days and up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve with thick slices of toasted rustic peasant bread, or in a salad. Enjoy!