Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bon Appétit.
Make and share this Herb and Lemon Goat Cheese Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 5 ounces about 3/4 cup soft fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Place goat cheese in small bowl.
- Mix thyme, lemon peel and garlic in another small bowl. Season with black pepper.
- Mix half of thyme mixture into goat cheese.
- Add olive oil to remaining half of thyme mixture.
- Form cheese into 2 1/2-inch round; flatten slightly.
- Place in center of plate. Spoon oil-thyme mixture over top of cheese.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Great appetizer. Doubled the amout of garlic and used fresh oregano in place of the thyme. DH and I really enjoyed it and will make it again. Made for Veg*n tag #2, Sept 2008.
I thought that this was a tasty, lemony spread. It made for a nice snack. I served it with pita bread. Made for ZWT4.
Terrific cheese spread! I made this one day ahead and brought it to a friends cottage and we all loved it. I served this with Melba Toast and it went together really well for a mid-afternoon snack. Thanks for a great recipe! :)