Recipe by Sharon123
This pizza combines the earthiness of sage, rosemary, and thyme in an aromatic topping. Sage and rosemary impart a slightly piney flavor with citrus undertones. And thyme, with a trace of clove and pepper, enhances almost any food! Then add the yummy goat cheese and you have a winner!
Top Review by Starrynews
This is wonderful! It is delicious and makes a beautiful presentation, while being very easy to prepare. This is definitely the recipe to go to when the garden is being especially productive. I had to make one little switch to a gluten free crust due to dietary need, and did sprinkle a bit of Parmesan on top, as well. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (10 ounce) whole-wheat pizza crusts or 1 (10 ounce) prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 fresh sage leaves, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place prepared pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion for 5–8 minutes or until tender. Add sliced garlic, if using, and cook 1 more minute. Spread onions and garlic evenly over pizza crust, then top with tomato slices, spreading evenly to the edges. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then sprinkle sage, thyme, and rosemary evenly over pizza.
- Return to oven and bake for 5–7 minutes more, or until tomatoes are hot and cheese has melted. Sprinkle parsley over top.
- Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve!