Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Yet another recipe I have gotten from my dear mom! She is the "Queen of Entertaining" and has sooo many recipes that taste incredible and are easy to make. I have stolen many a recipe from her, LOL, but isn't that what mom's are for? :D These little morsels are out of this world, and we serve them with fruit...strawberries, melon, grapes, etc. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) log mild creamy goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic (roasted is best if you have it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- Beat the cream cheese, goat cheese and lemon juice with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in chives, basil, garlic, and black pepper.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Shape cheese mixture into 24 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
- Roll each ball in the pecans.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with fruit.
These are soooo good.