Recipe by conniecooks
This is my daughters recipe for focaccia. It is excellent. The smell of it baking will make you drool. Preparation time includes dough rising time.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- rosemary (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook garlic in oil till fragrant.
- Add water, yeast, 2 tsp salt.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time and stir (you can use a mixer) until all the flour is incorporated.
- Knead about 5 minutes.
- Cover with a damp tea towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Brush a 9x15-inch pan with olive oil.
- Lightly oil hands and push and stretch dough until it fills the pan.
- Allow to rise in a warm place about 45 min or until doubled in bulk.
- Set rack in centre of 425° F oven.
- Make finger indentations at about two inch intervals on dough.
- Brush with oil, sprinkle with coarse salt, insert small pieces of rosemary unto indentations.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.