Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe is from Epicurous. The meat is like butter and extremely flavourful. Highly recommend this one!
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 kg piece beef tenderloin, trimmed (thick end)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Rub 1 tablespoon oil over each beef piece. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 large nonstick skillets over high heat. Add 1 beef piece to each; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Place beef pieces in large roasting pan. Mix 6 tablespoons oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme and 2 tablespoons rosemary in small bowl.
- Coat top and sides of beef pieces with mustard, then with herb mixture.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of beef registers 125°F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes. I like mine more cooked than that and cooked it for approximately 75 minutes.
- Transfer to platter. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut beef into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon each of thyme and rosemary.