Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
for beverage tag June 08 and beyond :) You'll need 8 skewers for this recipe. Prep time includes marinating time
- 700 g rump steak, cut into 1cm-thick strips
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 about 600g chat potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 80 g baby rocket
- Soak skewers in a shallow dish of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Place beef into a bowl with garlic, herbs and 1 tablespoon of oil. Toss to coat. Thread onto skewers. Place onto a plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, if time permits.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Thickly slice.
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, sugar, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake well. Place potatoes into a bowl with capsicum, onion, rocket and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium. Cook skewers, turning, for 4 minutes for medium.
- Serve skewers with potato salad.