Recipe by KLBoyle
Very yummy chicken! I like to serve with mashed potatoes and Roasted Broccoli Drizzled With Lemony-Garlic Butter.
Top Review by 2Bleu
Ah, tiropita wrapped in chicken breast. Tiropita is a common Greek dish of feta, cream cheese, and egg mixed then wrapped in phyllo dough (like a turnover). The only change I made was mixed the filling together first, and used panko bread crumbs. A nice treat, thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/4 inch
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Heat oil in saute pan to med-high heat.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoons basil, 1/2 teaspoons oregano and 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Mix the other 1/2 teaspoons of everything and salt and pepper with breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl or plate beat egg and mix with teaspoons milk.
- Lay out pounded chicken and spread each piece with 1/4 of cream cheese, 1/4 of the herb mix and 1/4 of the feta.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip rolled chicken breasts in egg wash then in breadcrumbs, coating well.
- Brown chicken on all sides (about 3 minute per side) and place on foil lined pan.
- Bake in oven for 20 minute (may take a little longer depending on the thickness of your chicken, cut into it a bit to make sure it's cooked through).