Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
Very yummy chicken! I like to serve with mashed potatoes and Roasted Broccoli Drizzled With Lemony-Garlic Butter.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Heat oil in saute pan to med-high heat.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoons basil, 1/2 teaspoons oregano and 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Mix the other 1/2 teaspoons of everything and salt and pepper with breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl or plate beat egg and mix with teaspoons milk.
- Lay out pounded chicken and spread each piece with 1/4 of cream cheese, 1/4 of the herb mix and 1/4 of the feta.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip rolled chicken breasts in egg wash then in breadcrumbs, coating well.
- Brown chicken on all sides (about 3 minute per side) and place on foil lined pan.
- Bake in oven for 20 minute (may take a little longer depending on the thickness of your chicken, cut into it a bit to make sure it's cooked through).
Ah, tiropita wrapped in chicken breast. Tiropita is a common Greek dish of feta, cream cheese, and egg mixed then wrapped in phyllo dough (like a turnover). The only change I made was mixed the filling together first, and used panko bread crumbs. A nice treat, thanks for sharing the recipe.
As I thought, this was a flavorful dish. I still have a lot of homemade pesto, so I used this instead of basil. The combination of herbs with breadcrumbs was very nice. I had to cook this longer, because the breast had very different sizes (a huge one and tree smaller pieces)...but no problem... I knew this and I had enough time!
Loved everything about this great tasting dish ~ The prep, the cheese combo & the breading of the breasts which boosted the flavor to a wonderful high! Although this time around it was made for just the 2 of us, I look forward to serving this when we have company another time! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]