Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally published in "A Taste of Home," I have modified the recipe a bit to suit our tastes. Easy and delicious!
- 2 -3 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 scallion, julienned
- Place salmon fillet, skin side down, on a large piece of heavy duty foil.
- Sprinkle vinegar, soy, lemon juice, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and parmesan over salmon.
- Arrange scallions over cheese.
- Fold foil over, forming a packet, sealing all edges.
- Grill over medium high heat 15-20 minutes, until salmon flakes easily.
- Do NOT turn!
- I recommend not checking the fish until at least 15 minutes have passed, as the fish is steamed by the packet.
- Note:This can also be made in the oven.
I made this in the oven and as I had no lemons I used lime juice. The garlic powder gave the salmon that little bit 'extra'. Loved the added Parmesan too. Thanks for posting. =)
Tasty, quick & easy! I scaled the recipe in half, used salmon steaks & fresh garlic, then baked in the oven at 350F for 20 minutes. Thanx Canarygirl!
Tried this tonight - it's a keeper. My b/f isn't much on fish, period but he ate two pieces of this. I used fresh diced garlic and sat the salmon on thinly sliced vadilia onion, covered and baked 10 min, then 10 uncovered. I made holandaise sauce, but b/f wanted nothing of it - just the salmon. Easy, fast and really good.