Recipe by FernWitch
This is edited from a different recipe when I didn't have all the ingredients on hand. It ended up being better than the original! Very easy to prepare. I serve this with pasta and garlic bread.
Top Review by Mrs. Moon
I will looking for something quick to prep when I stumbled on this. My guys really liked it! I like that it used olive oil, although next time I think I will use less. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 12 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄3 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend olive oil and garlic in a medium sized bowl. Let sit while you prepare the breading mixture.
- Combine crushed saltines, pepper, Italian Seasoning and Rosemary in a separate medium sized bowl until blended.
- To the dry mixture, add both cheeses and mix well.
- One chicken breast at a time, dip in oil and then coat in breading mixture. Place breaded chicken breasts in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle any remaining breading mixture evenly over the top of the chicken, and then drizzle any remaining oil over the top of that.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 - 35 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken breasts.