Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A certain someone has upset a certain Greek god again! (I think I know who.)
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 habanero peppers or 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh Greek oregano, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch sugar
- olive oil
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil and parsley in a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency.
- For best results, prepare salsa several hours in advance.
- Serve and store in non-reactive containers. When ready to serve, adjust seasonings, drizzle some olive oil on top of the salsa and garnish with minced parsley.