Recipe by Susan in Hillsboro Tn USA
Fresh Garden Zucchini, Onions, & Green tomatoes sauteed/steamed, then cheddar and add eggs to top and steam a few more minuted till white is done....Mmmmmm! If you like zucchini, and keep chickens, this is a very versatile recipe. I came up witht his when cooking all that squash. I like the green tomato taste and wanted it for breakfast, so I threw some cheese on and added eggs ! Sounds a bit weird, but try it and you'll be hooked !
Top Review by averybird
A great, simple recipe! Also good with a diced red potato added to the skillet, as I did for supper last night. However, next time I'm looking forward to using only zucchini when I make a breakfast version. Shouldn't be a problem as the zucchini plant is now working in overdrive! I'm adding this one to the zucchini files, thanks Susan!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 fresh zucchini, with skin sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced ultra thin
- 1 green tomato, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee zucchini, onion tomato and garlic in olive oil till light brown. Turn, then cover . Turn heat down and steam/ cook till tender, about 10 minute Add cheese on top. With the back of wooden spoon, make four indentions on top and drop a fresh egg in each. Cover and steam till white is done.