Chef #217139 H Forst's Note:
If you like onions. You will like this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions in butter and oil until onions are transparent, but not.
- 2well browned. When tender, turn heat to lowest point and sprinkle with.
- 3flour, stirring vigorously. Pour into Dutch oven and stir in broths.
- 4Heat thoroughly and divide among 8 oven−proof bowls. Mix equal parts of.
- 5cheese to smooth paste and spread over bread. Float a slice of.
- 6bread atop each serving. Place all bowls on oven rack 4" from broiler heat.
- 7and broil until cheese melts. Serve at once. Leftover soup freezes.
- 8well up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Henry's Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.7
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 2888.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 42.6 g