Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you like onions. You will like this soup.
Make and share this Henry's Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onions in butter and oil until onions are transparent, but not.
- well browned. When tender, turn heat to lowest point and sprinkle with.
- flour, stirring vigorously. Pour into Dutch oven and stir in broths.
- Heat thoroughly and divide among 8 oven−proof bowls. Mix equal parts of.
- cheese to smooth paste and spread over bread. Float a slice of.
- bread atop each serving. Place all bowls on oven rack 4" from broiler heat.
- and broil until cheese melts. Serve at once. Leftover soup freezes.
- well up to 6 months.