Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from an e-mail and it looked so good that I wanted to keep it here for safe-keeping. I plan to try it real soon! Recipe courtesy of Nanci's Kitchen, submitted by Master Chief Henri Baxter.
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml fresh ground pepper
- 8 pork chops, trimmed of all fat (2 inches thick)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59 ml onion, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml chicken stock or 236.59 ml broth
- 473.18 ml heavy cream (whipping cream)
- Stir flour, salt and pepper together in a small cup and place in a plastic bag. Put one or two chops at a time and shake until well coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (preferably a cast iron skillet) and cook the chops over medium-high heat until well done. Transfer them to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add butter to the same skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions and saute until they are soft and golden brown.
- Then stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Gradually add cream and re-heat, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour over chops and serve immediately.