Recipe by ~Bliss~
These are served in a local school system cafeteria.
Top Review by shewastaken
SOOOOO glad to find this recipe online!!!
I grew up in Henrico County. The school cafeterias would make these for dessert from time to time. LOL - my sister and I would trade off ALL the rest of our lunch for more of these!! Our local newspaper USED to have the recipe online, but I guess they've dropped the ball on it now.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter - YOU GOTTA TRY THESE!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, cocoa and milk.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Boil without stiffing for 1 1/2 min.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, oats and peanut butter.
- Stir until peanut butter is melted.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto wax paper.
- Chill until firm.
- Makes 24-36.