Recipe by TheDiva1959
I got this receipe originally from a Southren Comfort cook book I found at the liquor store. At the time I was very into lowering the amount of white sugar I was using so I made many changes that turned out very well. This is now the traditional sweet potatoes served by my family.
- 3 lbs yams
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, cut and boil yams until soft.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and add butter, cinnamon, honey, orange juice, eggs, salt and Southern Comfort.
- Use your mixer to whip into a frenzy!
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Put light brown sugar on top in the middle and spread around in a nice circle.
- Put chopped pecans in the center of the brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 30 mintute or until heated through.
- Can be made ahead and reheated before serving.
- Cooking time includes boiling time for yams.