Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got into hemp products a couple of years ago when I was traveling in British Columbia and tasted a sample of shelled hemp seed. Recently, I bought some hemp flour with some hemp seed and decided to experiment with making a hemp bread. If you use hemp flour, make sure you mix it with white flour at a ratio of 1:2 at the most. This is quite nice and can be made a little sweeter with a little more honey. If you add more honey, make sure you add a little more flour to compensate for the extra moisture. This is a very healthy bread and I hope you like it. It's nice toasted with cheese on top.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or other type of oil)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour (combine hemp and white flour if possible)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- In a bread machine, on dough mixing cycle, mix the first 6 ingredients.
- At the beep, add the hemp seed and caraway seed.
- At the end of the cycle, dump the dough on a floured surface and roll into a log so that it can fit into your loaf pan.
- Place the dough in the loaf pan, spray oil on top, cover, and let rise for about an hour.
- Bake at 325°F for about an hour.
- Let cool before slicing.