Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
This is an adaptation of a recipe I created years ago to make it wheat and milk free. Helva is a tahini and sugar based sweet popular in the mediterrenean like greece and malta. I use an ice-cream machine, the kind you have to freeze 24 hours beforehand.
- 500 g halva, crumbled
- 250 ml soya cream
- 200 ml rice milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Leave 100g halva for decoration.
- Put the crumbled halva in the blender with the milk and honey, puree.
- Add the soya cream and blend till smooth.
- Place in your ice cream machine. ( it takes about 15 minutes on mine).
- To serve: Place a scoop of ice cream in a wine glass, drizzle some honey and sprinkle some chopped halva on top.
- a sprinkling of slivered almonds or sunflower seed also looks great.