Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from "Hints From Heloise" in the Star-Telegram newspaper. Sounds great and simply. She says she likes it tangy, so she adds extra apple-cider vinegar or a tsp. of lemon juice. If you want something with a bite, add a dash of hot sauce to the vinegar. This was her mother's recipe and brags you can make in 5 minutes, who doesn't love that?
- 1 (1 lb) package coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing (or 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Put the dressing and seasonings in a large plastic zip bag.
- Add the cabbage.
- Close the bag and shake, shake, shake.
- Taste better if you refrigerate for several hours (turning the bag every 30 minutes or so to distribute the dressing).
I was looking for a slaw recipe without mayo. This was perfect! I did mix it up in a bowl. I liked it, the rest of the family were "eh" but they are freaks anyway :) - Candy