1/1 Photo of Helms Bakery Corn Chowder
This recipe has been a family favorite for many years. I believe my mother originally found this recipe in a newletter published by Helms Bakery. I usually quadruple this recipe, because as much as everyone loves it, and eats plenty, they love the leftovers even more. I would be in so much trouble if I did not have enough leftovers for at least a couple more meals per person.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut raw bacon into small pieces. Fry until crisp. Remove bacon pieces and set aside. Pour off most of the bacon fat.
- 2Add onion to the pan and cook slowly, without browning, for 5 minutes.
- 3Add corn, potatoes, tomatoes including juice, salt, sugar, pepper and water.
- 4Cook slowly until potatoes are tender.
- 5Heat evaporated milk, just to the simmering point.
- 6Remove soup from the heat, and stir in milk and bacon pieces. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Helms Bakery Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.7
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 888.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g