Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
S&S stands for sweet and sour. A nice little house dressing which incorporates great flavor from two old favorites. I grabbed this one from a newspapaer clipping in Michigan. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion juice (optional)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Using a mixer or blender, combine sugar, mustard, salt, vinegar and onion juice.
- Gradually add the oil until the dressing is thick and smooth.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Serve over mixed lettuces.