Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious side dish for fish, beef and pork or just about anything. It was my sister's recipe that she made for her 4 boys. It makes a nice amount and reheats nicely in the microwave! Kale can be used in place of the spinach (which I don't like), but the amount is so small in comparison to the entire recipe, that it doesn't overpower the dish.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 cups wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups grated or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze the liquid from it. Put aside. If more liquid forms, squeeze it out again.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together. Add the milk, Worcestershire Sauce, onion, salt, cheese, spinach, noodles and rice. That's everything except the butter.
- Put in a well greased casserole dish and pour the melted butter over.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.