Recipe by Lisa1
Wonderful wild rice breakfast porridge served at the Hell's Kitchen restaurants here in Minneapolis and in Duluth. Recipe by Mitch Omer (Hell's Kitchen owner & chef) and available in the "Damn Good Food" cookbook.
Top Review by collinbradford
So good. This is like a really hearty rice pudding, but with a maple flavor and nuts and berries. It's perfect winter comfort food, or great for breakfast. I had my doubts, but no longer.
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 1⁄4 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cracked hazelnuts
- 1 cup heavy cream (plus more, warmed, for serving)
- In a heavy non-stick sauté pan, add the cooked wild rice, heavy cream, and maple syrup, and warm through. Add the blueberries, craisins, and hazelnuts, and stir to mix well. Serve in a bowl with sides of warm heavy cream and maple syrup.