1/7 Photos of Hell's Kitchen Beef Wellington
i've been wanting to make beef wellington ever since i started watching hell's kitchen...i love chef ramsay!! well i finally made it last night for valentines dinner and i have to say it came out wonderful! here's the recipe he uses on the show along with two additions i made (the shallots & garlic). this isnt a difficult recipe its just time consuming with the wait times, but remember that most of the steps can be done in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g filet mignon
- 453.59 g mushroom
- 6-8 slice procuitto ham
- 1 large shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml Grey Poupon
- 283.49 g package puff pastry
- flour, to dust
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml basil
- 9.85 ml thyme
- 0.25 ml sea salt, to taste
- 0.25 ml pepper, to taste
- 1heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- 2season fillet with garlic powder, basil, salt & pepper.
- 3sear on all sides for 25 seconds. (you dont want to cook it at this stage, just color it.).
- 4remove fillet from the pan and leave to cool.
- 5put the mushrooms, shallots & garlic in a food processor with thyme, salt & pepper -- pulse to a rough paste.
- 6scrape the mixture into the same pan and cook over high heat for 10-15 minutes, tossing frequently, to cook out all of the moisture from the mushrooms. spread out on a plate to cool.
- 7brush the fillet with mustard.
- 8preheat the oven to 400.
- 9lay a sheet of cling wrap on a work surface and arrange the procuitto slices on it, in slightly overlapping rows.
- 10spread the mushroom paste over the ham, then place the seared fillet in the middle.
- 11spread more mushroom paste on top of the fillet and top with the remaining procuitto.
- 12using the cling wrap, neatly roll the procuitto and mushrooms around the fillet and twist the ends to secure. chill for 15 minutes to allow the fillet to set and keep its shape.
- 13roll out puff pastry on a floured surface til the thickness of a penny and brush with egg yolk.
- 14remove the plastic wrap from the beef and lay in the center.
- 15fold the ends over and then wrap the fillet in pastry, cutting off any excess. turn over so the seam is on the bottom and place on a baking sheet.
- 16brush all over with egg yolk and chill for 15 minutes to let the pastry rest.
- 17lightly score the pastry in 3 places and glaze again with egg yolk.
- 18bake for 20 minutes, then lower the oven setting to 350 and cook another 10 minutes.
- 19allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 20the beef should still be slightly pink in the center.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hell's Kitchen Beef Wellington
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1652.0
- Calories from Fat 1098
- Total Fat 122.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 325.0 mg
- Sodium 566.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 62.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: