1/1 Photo of Hello Pork Pie Hat
Louisiana meets London. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- boiling salted water
- 2 lbs boneless pork, cubed
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, minced (remove seeds for a milder dish)
- 3 tablespoons dried onion, minced, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cook potatoes and garlic in boiling salted water until softened, about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, sprinkle Cajun seasoning over pork and rub in with hands.
- 4Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown pork on all sides.
- 5Add jalapeno and 2 tablespoons dried minced onions and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 6Add beans and mushrooms and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 7Stir in tomato sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika, and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 8Stir in half the cheese and cook, stirring, just until heated through.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Drain potatoes and garlic.
- 11Mash potatoes, garlic, margarine, and milk together.
- 12Spoon pork mixture into a lightly greased 9"x13" baking pan.
- 13Spoon potato mixture over pork mixture and smooth top with a spatula.
- 14Sprinkle remaining cheese and dried minced onions over top.
- 15Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until casserole is cooked and cheese is browned.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hello Pork Pie Hat
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.0
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 927.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 46.3 g