Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A slightly lighter version of the traditional snack. This serving good for eating the snack alone. This recipe is adopted from The Domestic Goddess.
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup cracker, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 60 ml sweetened condensed milk
- I've use a standard size loaf pan (around 8.5") for this recipe. Lightly butter and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pour cracker crumbs into a large bowl. Melt butter in microwave and add to crumbs. Stir to combine until they begin to stick together then pour into prepared pan and flatten with spoon or fingers.
- Pour coconut then chocolate chips on top of crumbs to form two separate layers. Pour sweetened condensed milk on top of chocolate chips and bake bars in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until caramelized. Cool and cut into bars.