From our local natural food's store flyer. But what is a marionberry? "As American as Walt Whitman, the American Revolution and berry pie, the Marion blackberry, or “Marionberry” as it is known by consumers and marketers, is a distinctly American berry with worldwide appeal. A cross between the Chehalem and Olallieberry blackberries, the Marionberry captures the best attributes of both berries and yields an aromatic bouquet and an intense blackberry flavor for which it has become known. This premium quality flavor, described by tasters as “earthy cabernet”and “sweet with notes of tartness”, makes the Marionberry a superb choice for canning, freezing, pies, jams, jellies and ice creams and has earned the Marionberry an outstanding reputation worldwide". (Source: www.marionberries.com) Substitute blackberries or raspeberries if marionberries are not available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup strawberry, cleaned, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh marionberry, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries, cut in half
- 1 fresh jalapeno, finely minced (seeded for less heat)
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced (my addition)
- 1Toss all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.
- 2Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour for best flavor.
- 3Serve with blue corn chips, sliced baguette, herb crackers, etc.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hello Berry Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: