Recipe by mydesigirl
This is a tropical twist on one of my favorite bar cookies.***ADOPTED***
Top Review by Elle Woods Can Cook!
YUM! I had been wanting to use up some coconut I'd had, and happened to have some dried pineapple, dried mango, and macadamia nuts on hand so this was PERFECT! I used regular graham cracker crumbs like traditional Hello Dollies (no vanilla wafers), and also did half semisweet and half white chocolate chips. Also, my macadamia nuts weren't salted but I didn't miss it, and who needs the extra sodium??? This was a great combination and has inspired me to think of other combinations...next I'm doing Really, you could use any fruit/nut combination--maybe I'll try pistachios/dried cranberries/dark chocolate! Thanks so much for sharing this one!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, Crushed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted macadamia nut, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried pineapple, diced
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk or 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 13 x 9 inch oblong baking pan.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the butter to form the crust.
- Evenly distribute in the order listed, the next ingredients (except for the milk), over the crust.
- Remove the entire top of the can of condensed milk, and gently stir in the rum flavoring.
- Drizzle the milk over the top of the last layer (coconut).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into squares.