Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very good cream style salad dressing using Hellman's dressing/mayo. Hellman's is known as Best Foods in some parts of the US. I don't recommend substituting a different brand of mayo--Hellman's has a distinct flavor that works well with this recipe.
- 3 cups mayonnaise (Hellman's or Best Foods)
- 15 ounces beef consomme (not broth)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- Mix all ingredients together and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve over salad greens as desired.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for quite some time.