Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe many years ago on the back label of a Hellman's mayo jar stating that it was one of their most popular salads. It's a little twist on the usual Italian bean salad and I make it often during the summer. Preparation time does not include overnight chilling.
- 1 (6 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix, such as Good Seasons
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen Italian cut green beans, cooked until crisp-tender and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- In a medium bowl, stir together dressing mix and vinegar.
- Add next 5 ingredients; toss to coat well. Cover and chill overnight. Just before serving, toss salad with mayonnaise.
Full of flavor and very easy. Just what I was looking for. Even better the next day!
This was very flavorful, yet simple to make. I am a firm believer in the value of adding Good Seasons salad dressing mix to a recipe for great flavor (I add it to Buffalo wings, crudite dip, etc.) Anyway, the only thing I did different was to add the mayonnaise with the rest of the ingredients and then refrigerate.