Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
From an ad in a magazine. Hellman's is a mayonnaise for those of you outside the United States (it is also know as Best Food's I think). The photo looks great.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 raw shrimp, shelled and deveined, can use chicken too
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Combine first 6 ingredients and reserve 1/3 of a cup.
- On soaked bamboo skewers, place a shrimp, a piece of scallion and a lemon wedge.
- Brush the kabobs with remaining sauce and grill until the shrimp turn pink. Serve with the reserved sauce.
This is a good recipe. I prefer to use this like a marinade for seafood and chicken.
Was looking for an Asian style marinade for some shrimp I bought. Was excited to try this and I'm sorry but I just thought the sauce tasted awful so I made the choice to dump it out and waste the ingredients rather than ruin my shrimp. 2 stars because the flavors are mostly good ones, I believe it was the mayo that ruined it. :(
This was great and something fancy to serve as an appetizer. Wouldn't make often as the mayo makes it quite rich for my tastes but it's a great recipe when you want to indulge. Great!