Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found on another site by another user. I'm posting it here so I can add it to my cookbook.
Make and share this Hellman's Caesar Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup hellmann mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijonnaise mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 anchovy fillet (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, in bite size pieces
- 1 cup crouton
- 5 slices chicken, grilled
- In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl toss together with lettuce, croutons and bacon.
- Garnish with additional fresh grated parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper.
- Notes: Dressing will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Makes 1 cup dressing.
This is wonderful. I made a batch of it last night for dinner and also had it on a salad at lunch today. I doubled the garlic and left out the anchovy. I also added more fresh ground black pepper than the recipe calls for because I like it that way.
I made this salad just as the recipe stated except I added anchovy paste (I'm sure more than one anchovy fillet). Threw all the ingredients in my Vita-Mix and the result was fabulous!...Definitely a keeper. I served it with chicken in the salad...Thanks for posting
Had yesterday for Sunday Dinner, really good. I used anchovey paste, really makes a great taste addition. I did cut the lemon juice in half as DH isn't much of a lemon fan. Have half the recipe left and plan on using it on a mixed green salad later this week!