Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I took the Hellmann's® / Best Foods® Mayo recipe from TV and made some modifications to add some zest. I was interested in using this basic combination on chicken as it was the basis of the standard recipe I use to make great Garlic Bread: Mayo, Parm and Garlic. I started by coating the chicken with Frank's® Hot Sauce to add just a little kick of flavor. The second modification is that I also added Garlic Powder to the Mayo mix, otherwise it is the basic recipe from Hellmann's. I also used skinless boneless chicken thighs and the result was very very tasty, everyone enjoyed the flavor and the moistness of the chicken. The prep is easy and can be prepared quickly.
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo style hot sauce (To taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, more if you prefer
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.) or 6 chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat the chicken with the hot sauce and set aside.
- Combine Mayonnaise with cheese and garlic in medium bowl. Arrange chicken in baking dish. Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
This was amazing!!...I must say that I was put off about using mayo to cook chicken, but I did a little tweaking and it was really good. First thing, I seasoned both the chicken and the mayo adding lemon pepper and dried onion (as I had no onion on hand)...also instead of the breadcrumbs I was forced to use saltines...it was an excellent substitution. Even my husband was pleased and he is very particular about his chicken!! Great recipe