Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Looked all over zaar for this recipe and was surprised not to find it! This is our favorite summer potato salad recipe. The recipe comes from the cookbook "Hellmann's Mayonnaise - Over 100 Ways To Bring Out The Best".
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (Light or Cholesterol Free Reduced Calorie)
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 1 cup sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onions or 1⁄2 cup chives
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in potatoes, radishes and green onions (or chives).
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
I needed a quick and easy potato salad recipe and this fit the bill perfectly. I used Hellmann's Canola Mayo and had to use dried dill instead of the fresh, otherwise, I made as written, using green onions. As BrooklynCookin stated, it's a perfect blend of mustard and mayo. I've always added boiled eggs to my potato salad and the dressing in this recipe almost tastes as if there's eggs in there, but, of course, not. The picky daughter had seconds so that says a lot! Thanks Carla!
Thanks for posting this because I finally found the ratio of mayo to mustard. But since I had no green onions, radishes or dill, I just used mayo, mustard and a stirred in a little hoisin! Try it - it was just delicious!