Recipe by aHardDaysNight
A longtime favorite of my family. We don't have an outdoor summer gathering without this and Hellmann's Original Potato Salad. Can't go wrong with these delicious recipes. FYI: because of the mayo content, we put the bowl of salad into a slightly larger-sized bowl filled halfway with ice to keep the salads cold and fresh.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This is trusty, tried and true, and the recipe I always turn to. However, I make two changes. The first is that I use regular Dijon mustard instead of the Dijonnaise, and the second is that I add about 1/4-1/2 t. dried dill (just a personal preference). It's really not much, but it just gives the right touch.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hellmann's Dijonnaise mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
- In large bowl, combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar, Mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in macaroni, celery, green pepper and onion.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.