Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mixture makes a potent base for bloody Marys. Prepare a gift jar with the recipe, or enjoy it yourself with vodka and favorite garnishes. From Martha Stewart Show, December 2011.
- 2 3⁄4 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive juice (strained from jarred green olives)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely minced peppadew peppers (hot sweet piquant)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed light-brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh serrano pepper (or jalapeno peppers)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- Mix all ingredients (except vodka) in a large pitcher until well combined.
- Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and keep refrigerated up to 1 week.
- Mix with 1 1/2 cups of vodka, or to your taste.
- Yield: Makes 4 cups. Serves 6.