Recipe by KeyWee
This recipe will tempt those anti-zucchini eaters! I could eat a whole pan myself! Have had this recipe for 20 years. Can be made ahead & baked before serving.
Top Review by Chrissyo
I liked this recipe. This is a tasty recipe with lots of flavour. I used rather over sized Zucchinies. I followed that recipe step by step except for the size of the zuchinies. The only think that I found was the there was a rather a large amount of liquid, which I might add was very tasty. This may have been due to the size of the zucchini. I will make this recipe again, however, I will make sure that the zucchini is meduim size. Thank you for posting this recipe Helen.
- 6 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 large fresh tomato (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add zucchini, onion, tomato & garlic.
- Cover & cook until desired tenderness, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce & seasonings.
- In a 13x9-inch baking dish, place a layer of the zucchini mixture, then top with shredded cheese.
- Continue layers until pan is full, ending with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered, in a 350°F oven, for 25 minutes.
- Top with shredded parmesan or Romano cheese, if desired.