Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is similar to other Hungarian Pork Gulyas, but with a twist. I marinated the pork, and the cajun seasoning does something wonderful to the taste of this dish. You can make it as spicy as you like. I actually did. Serve with Fresh Hard Crusted Bread for dunking the sauce and a green leafy salad. Also yu can add a tsp. of tomato paste for a little added flavor.(opt.)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly
- 2 lbs pork loin, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1 dash lemon juice
- garlic powder
- 1 dill pickle, cut very tiny (relish size)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 -4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in cubes
If you need to thicken at at use
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 2 -4 tablespoons cold water (shake in a container to remove lumps)
- Marinate the pork cubes, in lemon, and sprinkle with garlic powder Let stand till the onions are browned.
- In a large stew pot, heat the olive oil.
- Brown the onions till they are carmel in color.
- Add the pork and brown on all sides.
- Add the rest in order except the flour.
- Cook on a medium low fire.
- Cook until the pork and potatoes are tender.
- If the sauce is thinner than you like, use the flour and water to thicken.
- Cook until it reaches the thickness you prefer.