Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A good friend in college gave me this yummy peanut butter cookie recipe. Unfortunately, she died of cancer shortly after graduating. Each and every time I see this recipe it reminds me of Helen and the good times we had in college.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter or 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (for top crossmarks on cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix until combined.
- Form cookie dough into balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Dip the bottom side of a fork into the bowl of cookie dough.
- Dip the bottom side of the fork into granulated sugar.
- Take bottom side of fork with sugar and flatten cookie dough ball.
- Dip fork bottom back into the sugar and flatten cookie dough ball the opposite way so as to make cross marks.
- Do this for each cookie on the tray.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute then remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack.
Caryn, I have tried your recipe this week-end and the cookies were delicious. I was a success at the office. I have tried other recipes but I am going to keep yours as my peanut butter cookie recipe.
These were really dry and grainey. Fell apart. Just kinda bla