Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
cheesey gooey yummy... do I have to say anything else ?
Make and share this Helen's Nachos recipe from Food.com.
- Cut each tortilla into 4 pieces.
- Fry in deep hot fat until crisp.
- Remove from fat and drain in absorbent towel.
- Sprinkle cheese on each piece.
- Drain jalapeno peppers and cut into thin strips.
- Place one strip jalapenopepper on each tortilla and place tortilla on baking sheet.
- Broil until cheese melts.
I'm sorry to report that this recipe didn't work out for me at all. I got the oil hot enough to where the tortillas crisped up nicely, but for some reason in the finished product they were still very very greasy. I think that's the main reason these didn't work. I took a photo but lost the pic in a pc glitch. I think I'm going to stick to buying my tortilla chips from here on. Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.