Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my cousin's recipe for mint chutney, an Indian side dish.
- 1 cup mint leaf, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 green chilies
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 inch ginger
- Mix the ingredients and grind in a blender.
- NO water should be added.
- (If you prefer, you can use some tamarind instead of the lime).
- For those who like their chutneys sweet, a tsp of sugar can be added to the mixture.
Wonderful - had a great bite to it with the chiles and ginger. Also had a vibrant colour. I served this with a deep fried Indian onion things whose name I can't spell so I won't attempt to.
My compliments to the cook! I espec'ly appreciate that the measurements were by cup rather than by weight, 'cuz not all of us have scales in our kitchens. The balance of flavors was exquisite. Thanks, Ranikabani!