Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
Helen's recipe from family collection. Note that recipe is written with lemon cake mix but yellow cake mix can also be used.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- While baking, prepare glaze by mixing last 4 ingredients (powdered sugar, butter, 2 TBSP water and lemon juice).
- After cake has been removed from oven, punch holes in cake and pour glaze over hot cake.