Recipe by Mary Bush
The name? Well, Helen didn't like to cook so her husband made this for her to take to potlucks. I like to make it at Christmas time. It keeps in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks. That way I make a mess once and have a spread to take to several events.
Top Review by FoodieAtHeart
I only gave it 4 stars because I haven't actually made it yet. It sounds really good. I don't have a meat grinder but alot of cheeses come shredded already. I bet if the shredded cheeses and olives were put in a food processor it would work just as well. I also think a combination of sour cream or yogurt cheese and mayo would work too. I wll be trying this one soon.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sharp cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) can Spanish olives with pimento (use the salad olives (not stuffed))
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 cups mayonnaise